Well, well, well, lookie what we have here…ANOTHER award? Gosh, my mantle is already overflowing with the mile long letters of appreciation you non-existent readers keep sending me all the time—do you like the automated return-letter my very own personal secretary sends these days? They’re lavender scented. Is the gold leaf too much?
Not to brag or anything, but yeah I’m pretty awesome and I would be lying if I said I hadn’t prepared an acceptance speech already for all the blog awards to ever have existed—there is no way anyone would pass up on an opportunity to inflate my fit-to-burst ego some more…And the time has come my lovelies, the world has finally realized just how better a place it is for my presence.
Ha! Honestly though, thank you Ayushi for the nomination—I assure you there is no personal secretary and there are no lavender-scented return letters…
…yet. The shipment got lost in the mail. Once I take over the world, I shall put an end to all the blithering idiots bumbling about, stinking up the place, not to mentio—err, let’s just pretend none of the above happened.
Humble acceptance post. Take two:
Ayushi nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award—though in my opinion, the only versatility this blog exhibits is in the wide range of craptasticness it oscillates between (this is when you tell me that I am, in fact, a soon to be world-renown writer—or deserve to be one anyway– and that this blog is the best thing ever since sliced bread even though I did just use the word ‘craptasticness’)
You might want to pay her blog a quick visit (though my judgement can hardly be called ‘sound’ at the best of times, trust me on this one. Go)
I’m not going to stretch the post on anymore. Let’s get down to bizness.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy (duh.)
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — really I shouldn’t even have to mention it
- Nominate 15 deserving bloggers you discovered recently for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
So, thank you Ayushi, I am honored.
7 things about me:
- I’m really not interesting enough to have SEVEN interesting things to say about myself
- I was bitten by a goat once (Yes, it’s possible. No, I can’t remember if it hurt)
- Unlike most people, I do not have a favourite book—I don’t like cheating on any of them, they are all equally pretty.
- I named my Assassin’s Creed avatar ‘Daisy Buchanan’ and I never even finished reading the Great Gatsby
- I’m thinking about DIY posts and whether I should dabble in them (Don’t worry, I hear your horrified screams thinking about me being let loose in the world with a pair of scissors in my hand and so shall keep my distance)
- I adore and am constantly baffled by the English language ( i before e except after c. Except when not..? Also, really what is the right way to use hyphens?)
- I know most of you just want to hear the nominations. Yes I can read minds. For the last time, NO, I am not going to use it for evil.
- Deep Blues and Sea-foam Greens
- Pistachios Circa 1863
- Andrew Thain
- Witless Dating After Fifty
- Little Miss Mystery
- Mr Joseph Diaz
I know the rules said 15 nominations. But I’m a badass.
I should get to studying…but it’s like a great man once said: “If it weren’t for the last minute, nothing would get done”