Start of the new month, I figured it was time to make a few changes. I’m not sure whether it is advisable to keep changing the theme of your blog—but I can’t seem to find one which I’m satisfied with for more than 6 months. My restlessness is quite inconvenient sometimes—well, most times. So, dear readers, I apologize for my indecisiveness and for the visual confusion you go through on visiting the blog after a while.
Moving on, I was recently nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award (eep!). It was a couple weeks ago and I’m sorry I didn’t get to it sooner. Wonderful LittleMissMystery was kind enough to bestow upon me this honour (go on. Click on that link. You know you want to)
A quick Google search revealed the following to be the rules:
1) Put the award logo on your blog.
2) Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3) Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
4) Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
5) Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
The questions I was asked were:
- Q) If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
> I’d probably be an otter. Mostly because it’s Hermione Granger’s patronus. Is that reason enough? Well, they’re also said to be extremely clever and inquisitive…
- Q) Sweet or savoury?
> Savoury, mostly.
- Q) Who/ what is your biggest inspiration in life?
> Well, pinpointing one exact person/thing is a pretty difficult task…Every single person who is a part of my life managed to teach me something…my biggest inspiration though, would be all the mistakes I made I suppose (and believe me, there have been quite a few). It’s not just about learning from them—they also taught me there are a few I wouldn’t mind repeating, thereby revealing parts of me I didn’t know existed…
- Q) Why did you begin to blog?
>Well initially, it was a private blog—I wrote to vent. Then I started writing for the peacefulness it entailed…
- Q) What is the most life-changing event you’ve encountered?
> My life has been pretty uneventful for the most part…but the death of someone I knew and loved very much shook things up pretty bad. That and the fact that my best friend currently has a life-threatening disease with no concrete cure…
- Q) What is your favourite colour and why?
> It used to be blue. But now I don’t know. What kind of a person doesn’t have a favourite colour??
- Q) What do you believe in and why?
> I believe in people. Because somebody needs to; everyone is convinced the world is an evil, selfish place and all of its inhabitants evil and selfish and untrustworthy. I think most of us are just waiting for someone to give us a chance. I’m aware it is slightly naive, and people have fallen short quite a few times, but we all need someone to believe in us despite our faults right?
The bloggers I would like to nominate are:
The questions I’d like to ask them are:
- If there was one moment you could get back—which would it be? Would you do it differently?
- What is the one thing about yourself you’ve always liked?
- Advice to your future self
- What is one thing you’d like to change about the present?
- Favourite quote?
- Piece of advice for young girls everywhere?
- If you could undo one of the most defining moments in human history, which would it be?